Dirty Girls Come Clean Podcast: Episode 3
Dirty Girls Come Clean Podcast | Hosted by Crystal Renaud & Jenny Miller
Episode 3: “Exploitation: Where’s the Outrage?”
In Episode 3, we discuss the issue of sexual exploitation and ask the question, “where’s the outrage?” in today’s society. Pornography is no longer an issue of what you should or shouldn’t be allowed to do in your own home. It is no longer just a Christian issue or an issue for those with conservative values. Pornography is a humanitarian issue — that is generated by supply and demand. When a society demands porn for viewing pleasure, the supply side has to keep up with the demand. And they do so by whatever means necessary. We also discuss Belle Knox in the news and answer the listener mail question, “Can Masturbation Be Non-Sinful?”.
In The News
18-year-old Duke University student “Belle Knox” rose to fame a few months ago when it came out that she was paying for college by working in porn. She initially tried to stay under the radar, under a pseudonym, but she was soon outed by one of her porn-watching classmates and her real name was leaked. She has made claims across the media that she is proud of the work that she does, that it is empowering to her. And it also came out when Belle Knox was on The View that she began watching porn at the age of 12. And now, the Duke University student will be hosting a new porn reality show called ‘The Sex Factor.’ It will feature eight men and eight women who will be competing for a $1 million prize.
- Piers Morgan Audio Clip: 1:21-2:04
- The View Audio Clips: 1:50-2:15, 2:28-2:38
- The Sex Factor Trailer: We edited the podcast audio of the trailer for inappropriate content. Viewer discretion is advised.
Definition of Exploitation: the action or act of treating someone unfairly in order to benefit from their work. Pornography is no longer an issue of what you should or shouldn’t be allowed to do in your own home. It is no longer just a Christian issue or an issue for those with conservative values. Pornography is a humanitarian issue — that is generated by supply and demand. When a society demands porn for viewing pleasure, the supply side has to keep up with the demand. And they do so by whatever means necessary.
- Piers Morgan Audio Clip: 2:20-2:45
- Jessica Rey’s Evolution of the Swimsuit
- Donny Pauling Audio Clip: 2:38-3:17
Featured Listener Mail (See Podcast for Our Responses)
Can masturbation be non-sinful? For instance just focusing on the physical act and not fantasizing or involving watching porn. — Anonymous
Resource(s) of the Month
• 90 Days to Wholeness Summer Enrollment. It is said that it takes 90 days to form a habit and in recovery, 12-step groups challenge you to attend 90 meetings in 90 days. Our “90 Days to Wholeness” — is a 90 day devotional designed to kick-start your recovery from pornography and sexual addiction (or various other strongholds). Our summer enrollment is now open.
» You must sign up by June 30, 2014
• The official DGM App for iPhone, iPad and Android devices will be releasing soon. Keep an eye out for our announcement of the release.
Pray for those in the industry and pray for those who are on the front lines helping these men, women and children escape. Check out The Pink Cross Foundation and The A21 Campaign — organizations helping those trapped in the industry and in human trafficking.
To submit your own comments or questions to be read on the show, click HERE.
Did you enjoy this podcast? We hope you are blessed by it and that it is a resource that not only helps you, but is something you can share with family, friends, and in your communities and churches. Consider making a tax-deductible donation to keep Dirty Girls Come Clean free and coming to you each month.
“Marvelous Light” by recording artist Ellie Holcomb is used by permission. You can check out more of Ellie’s beautiful music HERE.